Sunday, August 19, 2012

HUMILITY OF ABOUBAKAR SWIDDIQ - THE JEWELS OF ISLAM

 FROM  NETWORKS - 19/8/2012

 Humility of Abu Bakr As-Siddiq

On the authority of Rabi'ah Al-Aslami who said: I used to serve the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) and he gave me some land, and he gave Abu Bakr land, and when it came to dividing the land, we differed over a cluster of dates from a date palm tree. Abu Bakr said: This is on my side of the land! And I said: This is on my side! There used to be a problem between me and Abu Bakr, and Abu Bakr said a statement to me which I hated but he regretted saying it, so he said to me: 'O Rabi'ah! Say something similar to me that I said to you, so that it can be requital.'

So I said: 'I will not say it.'

Abu Bakr said: 'You will say it or I will request the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) to order you to say it.'

So I said: 'I will not say it.'

Abu Bakr left that portion of land for me and went off to the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) and I followed him. The people from my tribe followed us and said to me: 'May Allah have mercy on Abu Bakr. Why is he going to the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) about you, and he said what he said about you?'

So I said: 'Do you know who this is? This is Abu Bakr As-Siddiq, he is one of the two who were in the cave, he is one who has grown old as a Muslim (one of the elders of the Muslims), beware he does not turn around and see you assisting me against him and becomes angry and meets the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him), and the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) will become angry due to him being angry, and then Allah becomes angry due to them being angry, and Rabi'ah will be destroyed.'

They said: 'What do you order us to do?'

I said: 'Go back.'

Abu Bakr went off to the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him), so I followed him by myself, until he reached the Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) and he told him the whole story as it was. The Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) raised his head towards me and said:

'O Rabi'ah what's the matter between you and As-Siddiq?'

I said: 'O Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) such and such happened, and he said a statement to me which I disliked, then he said to me, say something similar to what I said to you so that I can be requited, but I refused.'

Then the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) said:

'Yes, do not say a word back to him, but say: 'May Allah forgive you O Abu Bakr. May Allah forgive you O Abu Bakr.'

Hasan said: 'Abu Bakr turned around and he was crying.'

[As-Sahihah, No. 3258]

No comments:

Post a Comment